Friday 9 November 2018

Photos - angles and perspectives

Taken from above
I used birds in my backyard for this week's play with angles and perspectives. And I tempted them with see so they'd put up with my crawling around and being crazy!

I usually snap a bird shot whenever and however I can because they rarely stay still long enough for me to fuss and bother!

But when they're being fed, it gives you more time to play.

Taken from on the ground
I think I get a much better photo from being at the same level as the bird, for each of these shots.

The Sulphur-crested Cockatoo seems to be staring more directly at the camera when I'm on its level, and there seems to be more of a connection between the bird and the photo.

With the Rainbow Lorikeets, there's so much more vibrancy and colour in the image where I'm almost  lying down.

Taken from above
I think I need to choose my feeding places better to get better photos, but for a start, these were an interesting exercise.

I think one of my life lessons is to learn patience. Photography certainly is helping me learn that!

Do you have any bird photography tips?

Taken from on the ground

No comments: