Friday 2 November 2018

Photos - angles and perspectives

Following on from last week, here are a few more photos looking at perspectives and angles.

Hopefully I'll be onto the lesson soon and will have more to say on it, and maybe more pictures! Rather than just me playing to see what happens :)

Near to the boat ramp, at Boat Harbour, Gerringong, NSW south coast, there are a heap of 'stones' on the beach. I roamed along there and took these shots.

The landscape shot is the first I took. I wanted to get the run of rocks and that textured feel in the image, so I got down low and took the image along the top of the stones. It was afternoon and so the shadows were there, so I tried to get them at the edge of the frame so I could crop them out easily. I happened to notice the orange colour on the stone on the LHS foreground, which threaded through the shot in other stones, but I couldn't quite get down low enough to get more of it in the shot.

So then I tried a portrait image to see how that worked. I came back a bit further trying to catch more of the orange I'd got at the edge earlier. It didn't quite work.

But I can see how I could make the photos better...but by now the rocks will have all changed positions :)

I'll have to work on these sort of shots more.

Do you play with shots like this?

No comments: