Sunday 11 May 2014

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is a bit of a sad day for me. My Mum died in 2003 and Mother's Day is empty without her.

My Mum and I were really close - when I lived away from her! We loved each other, we talked a lot, but we also knew how to push each other's buttons.

This photo was taken in about 1997. It's my Mum riding my horse, Kori, with me not doing a good job of standing!

Kori was really quiet and just as well because hoisting my Mum on had us both in fits of giggles. But she got on and I led them around for a while and Mum really enjoyed it.

I have lots of fun memories of Mum. She always had a go at the crazy things I encouraged her to do with me. She had a great sense of humour. And she loved us unconditionally - even when I was in trouble and she was going crazy at me, or giving me the silent treatment, I still knew she loved me. I'm not sure how she managed that because it's an incredible feat!

So to all the Mum's - Happy Mother's Day.

And to Mum - I'm thinking of you, always.


No comments: