Saturday 20 December 2008

Let's Get Started!



I've done nothing on this blog for months, so I thought I'd best get started!

Reading - I read a fantastic book recently, "Water for Elephants" by Sara Groen. It captivated me. As I child I wanted to run away to the circus and this was all about the circus. It's also a beautiful memoir that slowly divulges the answers to mysteries mentioned early. It's also about animals and humans and their behaviours. Truly a fascinating story. But be warned - you may not want to put it down!

Writing - I have my eye on two short story contests that end in January. I just haven't come up with a suitable short story for either contest! I am also working towards finishing a novel for April for another contests. I have 5 chapters done... just need another 7 or so!

Photography - I've taken some shots but nothing spectacular. I've popped two on here - one of my dogs, Ellie, at the beach and a sunset photo of Uluru, taken in the rain, in October 2007.

No comments: